[Xfc-dev] Some Corrections for the Tutorial

Ari Makela hauva at arska.org
Thu May 5 14:13:09 CEST 2005

Hello,

I have up-todate Debian unstable XFCE Foundation Classes version 4.3.0.
I'm a complete C++ newbie (Perl, Python and Java are my "normal" languages)
but I wanted to try the libraries and I started going through the tutorial
while writing the beginnings of my own program.

I found a few problems:

pkg-config xfcui-4.3 --cflags --libs is not enough: one must also
add to Makefile options

	-I/usr/include/gconf/2 -lgconf-2

In page tutorial/html/chapter07.html it's written

--8<---8<---
First, in the XfcApp header file we need to add an include statement for
the statusbar header file:
--8<---8<---

Shouldnt this be #include <xfc/gtk/menu.hh>?

In tutorial/html/chapter07.html there's lines

	eventbox->signal_button_press_event().connect(sigc::bind(
		sigc::mem_fun(this, &MainWindow::on_button_press), menu));

but &MainWindow is not defined anywhere. If s/MainWindow/XfcApp/ the code
compiles.

In chapter 8 there's a type in a header: s/Makfile.am/Makefile.am/.

Now I can start implementing the program. The tutorial was very useful
and it was great that it included GNU autotools chapter.

--
Ari Makela                                            no escaping it -
hauva at arska.org                           I must step on fallen leaves