[Xfc-dev] Fw: [Mono-list] is it possible to make C# wrapper for Xfce libraries ?

Jeff Franks jcfranks at tpg.com.au
Thu Jul 14 14:25:06 CEST 2005

Joeri Belis wrote:

>>I've personally not seen any extension over GTK+/#(I've looked at XFCE a
>>month ago I think). Can you show us what the Xfce libs added to GTK+.
>>Because I think it could easily be ported to GTK#.
>>

>people from the monolist want to know if  the XFC lib just a C++ wrapper
>without any extra features?

Forget XFC. It's a C++ binding for the Xfce, GTK+ and Glade C libraries.
You should NOT write C# bindings for XFC. I think you must mean the Xfce
core libraries which are written in C: libxfcegui4, libxfce4util and
libxfce4mcs. These are the libraries one would write a C# binding for,
if one had reason to.

You don't need to C# wrappers for the Xfce libraries to write a Xfce
application in C#. Xfce is written in C using the GTK+ libraries so any
GTK+ application (not GNOME) is also a Xfce application. You can just
use GTK# that already comes with mono.

Jeff.