[Xfc-dev] the relation between GTK+ and xfc

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Wed Jul 13 14:09:37 CEST 2005

On Wed, Jul 13, 2005 at 01:59:57PM +0200, Joeri Belis wrote:
> right now we can develop c# under linux using the open source .net of mono.
>
> for UI we can use gtk# , which is a .net wrapper around GTK+.
>
> I noticed that xfc is written in GTK+. So i would be possible to program xfc
> using C#
>
> But this would mean that the GTK+ xfc api should also have a .net wrapper.
>
> I am interested in this but where do i start?

Gtk# is the binding to Gtk+ and related libraries for C# (mono), XFC is a C++
binding, like gtkmm. It makes absolutely no sense to have C# bindings to C++
bindings to a C library.

XFC also has bindings to the Xfce platform libraries, which are extensions to
glib and gtk+. C# bindings to the xfce platform libraries might be interesting
though, for some people.

	Jasper