[Thunar-workers] [DokuWiki] page added: ui:columns-view

thunar-workers at xfce.org thunar-workers at xfce.org
Sat Mar 5 16:48:24 CET 2005

A page in your DokuWiki was added or changed. Here are the details:

Date        : 2005/03/05 15:48
Browser     : Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; FreeBSD i386; en-US; rv:1.7.5) Gecko/20050122 Firefox/1.0
IP-Address  : 217.85.183.126
Hostname    : pD955B77E.dip.t-dialin.net
Old Revision: none
New Revision: http://thunar.xfce.org/wiki/ui:columns-view
Edit Summary: created
User        : benny

====== User interface - Columns View ======

There was some discussion on [[infrastructure:overview#mailinglists|thunar-dev]]
whether or not a **Columns View** should be included in Thunar. This feature
originally appeared with NextSTEP and was imported into Aqua Finder by Apple.
In the UNIX/Linux desktop community only a few people know about that feature.

The idea behind the **Columns View** is to allow the user to easily browse the
directory tree in a consistent and fast way. Personally I still think its a
power user feature only, because I have trouble to imagine that newbies can
get used to it.

The screenshot below shows the **Columns View** in Aqua Finder:

{{ui:finder:20050305-columns_view.png}}

--
This mail was generated by DokuWiki at
http://thunar.xfce.org/wiki/