[Thunar-dev] Hardlinking instead of moving

martin f krafft madduck at madduck.net
Thu Feb 13 18:59:57 CET 2014

Hello,

I am a user, not a developer, but I have a question I couldn't get
answered elsewhere.

We are looking for a tool to assist us in a reorganising of a very
large file base. In Thunar, we believe to have found a very good
tool for the task.

But we have one question: when we click-drag a file to another
folder on the same filesystem, it gets moved and copied if the
destination is on a different filesystem. If we use the right mouse
button, we can `chose to copy or symlink instead.

But what we would really like to do is create hardlinks instead of
moving! Ideally by default, i.e. when we drag with the left mouse
button.

Can you imagine an easy way how we could configure/change Thunar to
create hardlinks by default when files are dragged to a destination
on the same filesystem?

Thank you for any hints!

"gott ist tot! und wir haben ihn getötet."
                                                 - friedrich nietzsche

spamtraps: madduck.bogus at madduck.net