[Thunar-dev] Tree view in main pane?

Go Linux golinux at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 24 18:46:54 CEST 2012

--- On Sun, 9/23/12, Maximilien Noal <noal.maximilien at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Maximilien Noal <noal.maximilien at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Thunar-dev] Tree view in main pane?
> To: "Xfce file manager" <thunar-dev at xfce.org>
> Cc: "Go Linux" <golinux at yahoo.com>
> Date: Sunday, September 23, 2012, 3:05 PM
>
> Hello,
>
> What do you mean by 'trashing the theme styling'. Are you
> sure you have a GTK3 compatible theme ? (like Greybird [1])

I looked for gtk3 themes but didn't like any of them, including Greybird.  I have always customized my gtk2 themes but the thought of customizing one in gtk3 was overwhelming at this point so I found another solution.

I installed the Mate versions of the Gnome apps that were looking funky and they work just fine with gtk2 themes.  Of course with Mate available, I might decide to stick with it.  But at least now XFCE is another very viable option.

Thanks for your help.  After a few days, I was really beginning to warm to Thunar . . . especially once I got the Gnome search tool working with it.  Final decision of which way to go is still a while off so who knows . . .