[Thunar-dev] SCP Sessions and NFS Mounts

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Sat Jan 28 18:45:13 CET 2012

On Sat, 28 Jan 2012 11:08:45 -0500, Bryant Eadon <bryant.eadon at gmail.com>
wrote:
> All,
>
> I've just switched over to using XFCE with Thunar, but I really miss the
> Nautilus feature of connecting to FTP, SCP or NFS mounts from a GUI.
> Are there any plans to support these kind of features in thunar via
> something like right-click action ?  Or "shortcut" to enable this
> connectivity and mount remote devices ?

In thunar >= 1.2.0 you can simply type things like "smb://MACHINE",
"sftp://USER@HOSTNAME/PATH/TO/A/FOLDER" and so on into the location bar
or dialog (press <Ctrl>l to get there).Depending on the distribution,
you may have to install additional gvfs packages like gvfs-smb or
gvfs-sftp
for this to work.

There is no support for remote bookmarks in thunar yet but we are working
on adding that. This feature may or may not make it into Xfce 4.10 (thunar

1.4.x). Until then you could try your luck with another app called
"gigolo".

  - Jannis