[Thunar-dev] accessing the location of the windows

didier chagniot didierchagniot at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 6 18:46:49 CET 2011

Ok, I repost because of the subject...

>/ Thunar's internal functions are not provided to plugins, so the answerwould be no. But if all you want to do is move Thunar windows to
/>/ certain locations on the screen, you can do this either with devilspie
/>/ or by writing a custom application based on libwnck. Using libwnck you
/>/ can easily query a list of all windows and filter out those that belong
/>/ to Thunar.
/>/
/>/   - Jannis
/>/
/
Hi Jannis,

Thanks for your quick answer.

Actually my goal is not about the position of the windows, but to get
the location of the
different windows.
I'm coming from KDE and used XMonad & Krusader (two days ago .... so
quite a new user).

I was thinking the following:
Thunar is doing all what I want. Simply missing the two panes mode of
the orthodox file manager.
But if I open two (or more) thunar windows, I press F5 in one window in
order to copy the selected
files/directories to the location of the other window(s).
The second windows will be automatically updated because the file system
has changed.

Do you think there is a "simple" way to get the location (URI) of the
different windows ?

didier