[Thunar-dev] accessing the location of the windows

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Wed Jan 5 21:23:43 CET 2011

On Wed, 5 Jan 2011 16:48:57 +0000 (UTC)
didier chagniot <didierchagniot at googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In an attempt to write a plug-in, I wish to
> get the list of all windows opened by the
> main application.
>
> I was thinking to 2 different ways:
> 1) from the plug-in get an access to
>    the application and then call the function
>    thunar_application_get (). From this point,
>    I iterate through the GLIST windows and get
>    the location.
>
> 2) with a dbus interface I ask thunar to give me
>    the different windows location.
>

> Is it possible ?

Thunar's internal functions are not provided to plugins, so the answer
would be no. But if all you want to do is move Thunar windows to
certain locations on the screen, you can do this either with devilspie
or by writing a custom application based on libwnck. Using libwnck you
can easily query a list of all windows and filter out those that belong
to Thunar.

  - Jannis