[Thunar-dev] "Ejecting" USB flash drives

Tino Keitel tino.keitel+xfce at tikei.de
Tue Feb 22 20:22:20 CET 2011

On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 17:42:49 +0100, Harald Judt wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Since thunar switched to udev, the "unmount" action has been
> replaced with an "eject" action which unfortunately removes the
> drive from the list in the left-pane menu.
>
> I do not want that; I want the USB flash drive in my list as long as
> it is physically attached to the computer. "Eject" is wrong here
> anyway, you can't eject it like you can a CD or DVD. How can I
> revert this annoying behaviour?
>
> @thunar-dev: If this is only possible via patching the sources, I'm
> very willing to do it this way.

I HAL times, thunar gathered the eject capability from HAL and used it
if the HAL entry had it set.  So to enable/disable the eject entry you
had to change/add according entries in a HAL fdi file.  I don't know
how it currently works, but maybe a similar interface exists that just
needs to be adjusted to your needs.

Regards,
Tino