[Thunar-dev] Thumblerd and large files collections

TW zupftom at googlemail.com
Thu Nov 25 22:25:27 CET 2010

2010/11/19 Jannis Pohlmann <jannis at xfce.org>:

> I'm sorry to say this a feature request I'd reject.
> Again, creating thumbnails for all files is a standard feature in
> modern file managers.

Sorry to bring up that old topic again (and kind of hijack the
thread):  Tabs are a standard feature in modern file managers as well.
 Nautilus has them, PCMan FM, Dolphin, Konqueror, Krusader, Windows
Explorer, Cubic Explorer, Proto, Finder (can at least have tabs via
plugin), Path Finder etc.  Only file managers that have panes
sometimes don't have tabs (many of them still do).  The only exception
I'm aware of is ROX-Filer which neither has tabs nor panes.  It's been
requested several times, and I still don't quite understand why they
won't be in Thunar.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Thomas W.