[Thunar-dev] Thumbnails - Mime-types

Erlend Davidson erlend.davidson at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 15:00:06 CEST 2010

  You need to add a mimetype for those file extensions.
Thunar-thumbnailers already does this for RAW digital camera files.

You create an XML file like this,

|<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<mime-info xmlns="http://www.freedesktop.org/standards/shared-mime-info">
	<mime-type type="text/x-sif">
		<comment>Autodesk file</comment>
		<comment xml:lang="en">Autodesk file</comment>
		<comment xml:lang="en-GB">Autodesk file</comment>
		<glob pattern="*.sif"/>
	</mime-type>
||</mime-info>

"text/x-sif" can basically be what you want.  The "x" prefix just means
that it isn't a standard mimetype.

Once you have made this XML file you put it in
/usr/local/share/mime/thunar-thumbnailers/ and run the command