[Thunar-dev] Some feature suggestions

Jens Herrmann xfce at bikelab.org
Sun Apr 25 14:56:51 CEST 2010

Hi,
I suppose this is the right place to get rid of some feature suggestions
for thunar:

1. I often use temporary folders named "a", "b" etc in my home dir when
sorting large amounts of files. Sometimes it happens that I move a
directory "b" from a subfolder somewhere to home and "b" already exists
there. In such case thunar moves all files from the subfolder-"b" into
the "b" in home. This mixes a lot of files which can be hard to seperate
again from each other. I would prefer thunar to either ask how to
proceed or renaming the 2nd folder like "b(2)".

2. Apps I use often are Thunar, GPicView and ScanTailor. Unfortunately
the sort order via the file name is different. Files I give a leading
"#" (to preserve the right order in case of a pretext in a book with
roman number notation) come before files with a leading "a" or "1" in
thunar, but reverse in GPicView and ScanTailor. When I try to scroll
through a number of files via double click in thunar starting GPicView,
the sort order is messed up. Is there a standard rule for sorting files
by their name and can this be configured by the user somewhere?

3. When I copy files from one folder into another and some of the files
already exist the dialog "Confirm to replace files" appears. A "Skip
all" button would make life easier here.

Regards
Jens Herrmann