[Thunar-dev] Making thunar mc-like

diabol the japanophile diaborusan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 21:46:03 CET 2009

Hi all,
I love xfce, but i feel that it's missing out on a high productivity
two-panel layout file manager, i.e. a Norton Commander clone,
in fact there doesn't seem to be an actively developed *nix graphical
NC-like file manager at all.
So, as I'm way too lazy to make a complete file manager myself, I'd
like to bastardize thunar to be Midnight Commander-like, with two
equal panels, funky f-key actions and the god-damned "show directory
sizes" command.

My question now is whether I can pull this off with a plugin or
whether I need to branch the code (which seems stupid, because most of
the stuff i want is just a layout-change).

Greetings, diabol