[Thunar-dev] How to apply actions to multiple files

Jelle de Jong jelledejong at powercraft.nl
Tue Jul 7 10:25:12 CEST 2009

Tino Keitel wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> I'd like to know how to apply a custom action to multiple selected
> files. In this case, I have photos from my camera, which need to be
> rotated manually if taken in portrait orientation (no builtin sensor).
> I tried the custom actions, but they don't seem to work if more than
> one file is selected. Is there a different way to do this?
>
> Regards,
> Tino

Hi Tino,

You can use something like this in the custom action config:

#Name:          Convert Image
#Command:       x-terminal-emulator -e
/usr/share/pct-thunar-scripts/scripts/convert-image %F
#Patterns:      *
#Image Files:   True

If you want you can send a patch and I will add the functionality to my
maintained custom actions system. (regular debian/ubuntu packages)

(security cert autority, so you don't have to accept any exceptions)
http://www.cacert.org/index.php?id=3

(custom actions)
https://secure.powercraft.nl/svn/packages/trunk/source/pct-thunar-scripts/pct-thunar-scripts-devel/

(installer)
https://secure.powercraft.nl/svn/packages/trunk/source/pct-thunar-scripts-setup/pct-thunar-scripts-setup-0.0.20081208/

BTW a new release will be made very soon.

Best regards,

Jelle de Jong