[Thunar-dev] Merging migration-to-gio into Thunar trunk

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Wed Jul 1 18:30:34 CEST 2009

Hey guys,

I'm thinking about merging my migration-to-gio Thunar branch into
trunk in a few days. There haven't been many changes since I posted the
last update, but it's working pretty well (if GVfs is installed at
least). ThunarVFS already has been moved into its own repository which
means we can easily update all components depending on it, so that all
of them remain in a release-ready state. Updating components to
Thunarx-2 shouldn't be much of a problem either.

I've started working on the missing pieces (most importantly a GIO
volume monitor based on DeviceKit-disks, of which an outdated revision
is available on http://git.xfce.org/jannis/thunar-volume-monitor/) but I
feel I need a little break from fulltime hacking. There's a lot of time
for bugfixes, especially since our new release cycle hasn't
really started yet (mainly due to the pending migration to Git).

What do you think?

  - Jannis