[Thunar-dev] Need help with thunarx-python bindings issue

Adam Plumb adamplumb at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 17:07:18 CET 2009

hi all, I'm working on creating python bindings for the thunar extension
framework.  The code is mainly based on the nautilus-python bindings, and I
also took some configure.ac and Makefile.am code from the thunar-vcs-plugin
project and others.

I've got the basic code compiling and running, but I'm running into an issue
in the get_(folder|file)_actions functions with converting a ThunarxFileInfo
object into a PyObject to pass to the python extension.  When I run the
pygobject_new() function on the GtkWidget window object, it works fine.  But
when I run pygobject_new on the ThunarxFileInfo object, I get the following
error:

TypeError: multiple bases have instance lay-out conflict
**
ERROR:/build/buildd/pygobject-2.18.0/gobject/pygobject.c:924:pygobject_new_full:
assertion failed: (tp != NULL)
Aborted

I'm pretty new to python bindings, c code, thunar, and pretty much
everything, and I'm learning as I go, so I was hoping someone here would
take an interest and look at the code and see if they can find anything I'm
doing wrong.

The project is available at: http://github.com/adamplumb/thunarx-python
The code in question is at:
http://github.com/adamplumb/thunarx-python/blob/master/src/thunarx-python-object.c#L147

The code is written for thunar master, and requires thunarx-2.

Thanks,
Adam