[Thunar-dev] Trash can possible issue with Thunar built from git master...

Manu hotnuma at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 18:18:18 CEST 2009

Hi all,

I've a strange behavior with Thunar built from git master branch.
It is no longer possible to empty the Trash Can. I'm not sure if it's
me or something not implemented yet or a regression.

Here's a screeshot :
http://pix.toile-libre.org/upload/original/1251647059.png

I've created a new empty file on the desktop and deleted it.
Then, I'm able to browse the Trash Can, but files seems locked
as shown in the picture and the empty menu is grayed.
I've also noticed that the Trash Can name is no longer translated.

I've built libraries and thunar in the following order :
make_install "xfce/xfce4-dev-tools"
make_install "xfce/libxfce4util"
make_install "xfce/xfconf"
make_install "xfce/libxfcegui4"
make_install "xfce/libxfce4menu"
make_install "xfce/exo"
make_install "xfce/xfce4-panel"
make_install "xfce/thunar"

It's just after installing Thunar that this occurs.

Here's the Build Configuration:
* D-BUS support:             yes
* GIO UNIX features:         yes
* Startup Notification:      yes
* Debug Support:             no
Additional Plugins:
* Advanced Properties:       yes
* Simple Builting Renamers:  yes
* Trash Panel Applet:        yes
* User Customizable Actions: yes
* Wallpaper support:         yes

I have gvfs installed :
ii  gvfs
1.3.5-0ubuntu1                             userspace virtual filesystem
- server
ii  gvfs-backends
1.3.5-0ubuntu1                             userspace virtual filesystem
- backends
ii  gvfs-bin
1.3.5-0ubuntu1                             userspace virtual filesystem
- binaries
ii  gvfs-fuse
1.3.5-0ubuntu1                             userspace virtual filesystem
- fuse server
ii  libgvfscommon0
1.3.5-0ubuntu1                             userspace virtual filesystem
- library

Do you have any clue about this issue ?
:)

Thanks,