[Thunar-dev] new search feature

Nuno Gomes dnfgomes at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 6 15:00:15 CEST 2009

hello thunar devs,

First of all ,  i want to congratulate you all about this great file explorer . Fast ,Simple ,Easy , lightweight . Hope it keeps that way.

My mail here is to try devs to include a feature in thunar , that is not available , and in my opinion , worths.

its about the search by Pattern,ill try explaining my ideia , giving an example.

i have a dir with some files , and instead of reading the name of them all , i just make a search by pattern.

*thunar*

it will highlight all the files that contain "thunar" word , no news about it.

if you have a dir with few files , like 20 ou 30 , the highlighted files will popup to your eyes right away.

but if you have a huge dir file , like 800 files , i find it annoying to travel all the way down the dir in search for the highlighted file i want to pick.

So what i suggest is , that when i do a search by pattern , it omit the unwanted results , showing only the matched results . so u get the list with search matches only.

and of course, the shortkey , to fast access of that option :^)

Let me know what u think of it , bye for now.