[Thunar-dev] Ownership of auto-mounted devices

Jonathan Hepburn jonathan.hepburn at gmail.com
Wed Aug 5 07:38:27 CEST 2009

Never mind, I fixed it.

I had already installed ntfs-3g and restarted hal, but I noticed that
there were ntfs utils I didn't have installed so, just to be safe,
installed them, which seems to have fixed the problem.

I think I may file a bug report with Debian about possible
dependencies/suggestions.

Slainte,

On Tue, Aug 4, 2009 at 7:27 PM, Tino Keitel<tino.keitel+xfce at tikei.de> wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 03, 2009 at 16:35:51 +1000, Jonathan Hepburn wrote:
>
> [...]
>
>> Could someone please point me in approximately the right direction, if
>> not just tell me the solution? Where is the ownership of removable
>> devices decided?
>
> I think to fix this, a few more defails are required. How exactly is
> the HD mounted?  Through in-kernel ntfs or with fuse and ntfs3g? Could
> you post the output of the mount command after you plugged in the HD?
>
> Regards,
> Tino

=======
Jonathan Hepburn