[Thunar-dev] Thunar 0.9.3 locks desktop when mouse -> Create Document...

Bob McConnell rmcconne at lightlink.com
Wed Apr 22 11:36:52 CEST 2009

Rob wrote:

> I found a solution to make it work again:
>
> I created the folder $HOME/Templates (I deleted this empty folder some time ago
> when cleaning up my home directory, not expecting this could cause havoc...!?!?!).
> In the $HOME/.config/user-dirs.dirs
> file I modified the Templates setting from
> $HOME to $HOME/Templates; and I ran xdg-user-dirs-gtk-update.
> I logged out of Xfce and logged in again. Then everything is OK again.

Where does the file 'user-dirs.dirs' come from? I don't see one on my
system. That may be contributing to the problems I have been having. I
found the quickest way to get Xfce working again was to delete the
.config and .cache directories and start over. But that file doesn't
appear in any of the backups I saved either.

Bob McConnell
N2SPP