[Thunar-dev] Thunar 0.9.3 locks desktop when mouse -> Create Document...

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 22 10:31:14 CEST 2009

Yves-Alexis wrote:
> On mar, 2009-04-21 at 19:30 -0700, Rob wrote:
>> My linux PC (and server) usually runs non-stop 24 hrs/day for weeks.
>> Having to power off and on my linux system once or twice a day,
>> because I accidentally used that particular Right-Mouse-Click menu
>> of Thunar, is pretty bad too....
>
> Then don't do it?

Yes, I shouldn't use this function of Thunar, neither
should any other user on this linux system....to prevent
the OS to come to a grinding halt.....!?!?!

But this is not the way Thunar should behave and since this
is a "-dev" list, I reported my experience.... I'd thought
I found a serious bug here!

Actually, I wonder how this is possible in the first place.
How can Thunar as a regular user application be able to cripple
the whole OS? Even if a user application would want to, the
OS should prevent something like to happen.
Nevertheless, it happens.....

Cheers,
R.