[Thunar-dev] Accessibility and the shortcuts sidepane

Quiring, Sam Sam.Quiring at windriver.com
Wed Nov 26 20:29:28 CET 2008

Greetings,

I've been working on accessibility and applying it to Thunar.  I've hit
a snag.  The shortcuts sidepane has both an icon and text for each
shortcut.  Accessibility sees the enrire side pane is a table with 1
column.  Each row in the table has two "table cell" items.  One is the
text.  The other "table cell" I suspect is the icon, but accessibility
does not see anything inside that "table cell".  Is that icon
implemented in a special way?  Is it a custom widget?  Accessibility has
support for images so I'm trying to figure out what is preventing
accessibility from seeing the image here.

A couple of weeks ago I observed that the table of files in Thunar's
"Detailed List" view is opaque to accessibility.  One response to that
was this email: