[Thunar-dev] Folder preview and thunar/xfdesktop integration

James Keane james.keane at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 06:43:25 CET 2008

Do you think it would be possible to add support to allow folders to
show a custom image over a folder overlay?

For example in windows if you put a file named folder.jpg/png
whatever, when you are looking at that folder from a level up it will
appear as a folder with that image overlapped. Don't know if you have
any experience with that, I will provide a screenshot if you want.  I
ask because I have a huge library of music organized in that way and
its nice to see album covers that represent what album is inside the
folder.

I would be more than happy to write a plugin if it is possible, I
really don't want to muck around inside core code, is it possible to
write a plugin to achieve this feature?

Also is/will thunar's fileview widget be exposed to external
applications?  I ask because I have noticed xfdesktop does not do
rubberbanding, and it would merge two almost identical sets of code
(willing to do some work but need guidance).

Thanks,
James Keane

BTW best desktop environment bar-none, seriously everything is so nimble