[Thunar-dev] Thunars way of sorting files by name with numbers as filenames

Michael Klein ihmehls at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 14:41:43 CET 2008

Hallo,

this is my first post on this mailinglist.

I recently switched from KDE to the XFCE desktop environment and I really
like it much better. But there is one thing which annoys me a bit. It's the
way thunar handles the sorting of files with numbers as filenames. All
file-managers i knew before sorted files (by name) like this:

1
10
11
2
20
21
3

but thunar sorts them like this

1
2
9
10
11

which is really annoying for me. I checked if there is a way to change this
behaviour, but seems like there is none. Would it be possible to add this
sorting feature to thunar?

Greets