[Thunar-dev] "Desktop" Directory

David Berg drberg1000 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 00:47:43 CEST 2008

I recently switched to Xfce and one of the first things I tried to
change was location of the "Desktop" directory.  I was not able to
find any configuration settings that would allow me to do that.  There
are a number of posts to the form asking the same question.  All
without an answer.

So I downloaded the code and poked around a liltle.  If my rusty
knowledge of C from college led me in the right direction the
directory location is hard coded into Thunar.  Is that right?  If so,
has there been any discussion of making this configurable?  If not,
how can I change it?

--Dave