[Thunar-dev] Conditional "Open" command

Mathias Brodala info at noctus.net
Sun Nov 4 17:41:43 CET 2007

Hi.

Imagine the following situation: you have two files in a directory, a video and
a subtitle file for this video.

Now just calling, e. g. mplayer with these two files won’t do since it requires
the "-sub" option to recognize the subtitle file.

Creating a custom action also doesn’t work since the custom command won’t be
displayed as soon as both the video and subtitle file are selected. (Pattern:
"*.ass;*.srt;*.ssa", for video and text files)

Any idea how I could accomplish this in Thunar? It would be great if Thunar
could do all of this by itself and required me only to select the usual "Open"
action.

Regards, Mathias

--
debian/rules