[Thunar-dev] Thunar losing environment settings on customisable actions

Erlend Davidson E.R.M.Davidson at sms.ed.ac.uk
Tue Jun 26 19:27:31 CEST 2007

On trying to write a plugin for thunar which interfaces with the "User
Customisable Actions" feature I have noticed what might be a bug...

For example, if I create the UCA:
Name: Test
Command:xterm -e "echo $BROWSER;read"
(and just make it always appear)

and then trigger it (by right-clicking a file and selecting "Test" from
the menu) the terminal prints just a blank line - $BROWSER is empty!
$BROWSER is however normally set to "exo-open" on my system.

I notice from http://thunar.xfce.org/news.html, version 0.3.2 beta2:
"the commands for custom actions are now run via the shell, so
*environment variables* and backticks can be used"

I am using version 0.8.0(-r3) of thunar on Gentoo.

Anybody else?

Thanks.