[Thunar-dev] Sidebar of Thunar

Mathias Brodala info at noctus.net
Sun Jul 8 01:27:17 CEST 2007

Hi Benjamin.

Please don’t post TOFU, thank you.

Benjamin Weber, 08.07.2007 01:20:
> Am Sonntag, den 08.07.2007, 01:17 +0200 schrieb Mathias Brodala:
>> Benjamin Weber, 08.07.2007 01:13:
>>> Thunar is very small but very fast and has a lot of features.
>>> A nice feature would be that the sidebar shows the user a changable
>>> number of locations which the user often uses. You can understand this
>>> like a Top 10 but the user can adjust the number of the shown locations.
>>> This feature would be additional to the current shown locations. The
>>> user can activate it if he need it.
>> Dunno if I misunderstood, but you can already add new bookmarks by just dragging
>> and dropping the directory’s icon into the bookmark-sidebar.
>
> But there are a lot of lazy people :).
> A lot of people have not the time to add bookmarks and have an overview
> of them and so in my opinion an automatically procedure which would do
> that would be better. It is only a suggestion.

Ah yes, now I understand. "Top 10" didn’t ring a bell immediately. This could
indeed prove to be a useful feature but probably deserves its own sidebar. Those
entries do not really belong into the bookmarks (or at least could clutter them)
and in no way into the fileystem tree.

Regards, Mathias

--
debian/rules