[Thunar-dev] thunar-volman 0.1.0

Mathias Brodala info at noctus.net
Mon Jan 29 11:05:41 CET 2007

Hello Benedikt.

Benedikt Meurer, 29.01.2007 10:48:
> Mathias Brodala wrote:
>>> $ cat /proc/mounts | grep flashdisk
>>> /dev/flashdisk /media/flashdisk vfat rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,uid=1000,gid=1000,fmask=0022,dmask=0022,codepage=cp437,iocharset=iso8859-1 0 0
>> (But not as /dev/sda, of course.)
>
> That's the problem: /dev/flashdisk and /dev/sda do not identify the same
> device (i.e. one is a char device and the other's a block device, or the
> rdev numbers do not match) and the device file paths are different. So
> how should the software know that it's mounted?
>
> Just to be sure; post the output of ls -ld /dev/{sda,flashdisk}

But I alread told you[0] that /dev/flashdisk is just a symlink to /dev/sda
provided by one of my custom udev rules. So it IS the same device, only known
under an unstable (read: changes depending on the order I plug the devices in)
and a more meaningful and stable identifier.

Regards, Mathias

[0] http://foo-projects.org/pipermail/thunar-dev/2007-January/003852.html

--
debian/rules