[Thunar-dev] disable the "xG removable media" label

David Keogh davekeogh at shaw.ca
Sun Jan 28 00:24:29 CET 2007

On 1/27/07, Evgeni Golov <sargentd at die-welt.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> the latest Thunar shows my USB-stick as a "1G removeable media" ("1G
> entfernbarer Datenträger" in German), because I didn't set a label when
> I formated it. Of course I could set the label now...
> In my eyes, the 1G... thingie s too long for the left pane, and I would
> like to have the old-style sdXY one, if the partition does not have an
> own label.

Perhaps just dropping the removable part to make it "1G media" would be good
enough.  A label that long would comfortably fit in most peoples shortcuts
pane and still provides (arguably) the same information as the longer label.

Obviously something like this doesn't deserve its own preference.

David