[Thunar-dev] Thunar filesystem monitoring broken? (gamin)

Moritz Heiber moe at xfce.org
Fri Jan 19 22:39:00 CET 2007

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 20:46:24 +0100
Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:

> But gam_server is running?

Okay Benny, I demand clarification! Do you posses powers unknown to
mankind or something?!

As of right now, its suddenly working .. and I have absolutely NO IDEA
why .. I changed exactly zero things regarding gamin.

Granted, I compiled thunar with --enable-debug=full, yet, that
shouldn't actually make a difference now, should it?

What I noticed though is the following: Before I recompiled thunar it
used to go into some sort of daemon mode whenever I executed it from
the console (means, it started itself and forked into the background
leaving me with a usable console). It doesn't do that anymore now.
Maybe you can make something out of that ..

Anyhow, thank you for your time.

Regards,

Moritz

PS: Btw, my GPG key was lost in a harddisk crash last year. Please
remove it from your keychain ;-)