[Thunar-dev] thunar, fam & gamin

Yves-Alexis Perez corsac at corsac.net
Fri Jan 19 20:13:31 CET 2007

On ven, 2007-01-19 at 19:30 +0100, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> I have a question about thunar and file monitoring. If thunar is built
> with fam support, will it work with gamin installed. If yes (iirc fam
> is
> a superset of gamin, or something like that ?), will it try to run
> gam_server when run ? Or something else should run it so everything
> work ?

Answers to myself: it's ok to build thunar with fam support and then
install gamin (here libfam can be provided by gamin). Don't know if it's
optimal or not. Benny ?

gam_server should be started by calls to (f|g)am library. Sometimes it's
not started here, I guess. (i just had some problem about this, but did
another test and then it worked..)

--
Yves-Alexis