[Thunar-dev] Shortcuts window.

Alexandre Moreira alexandream at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 18:52:09 CET 2007

2007/1/18, Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de>:
> Alexandre Moreira wrote:

[snips here, there and everywhere]

> Thunar had that double-click as well. But there's no need to require
> double-click here, so single-click does as well.

[ whole lot of snips ]

> I don't get what you are talking about.

I will try to put it in a better, clearer, way. Last post was written
in a rush, I admit.

Someone mentioned in the list that in the svn we have (or will have)
an option to display the shortcuts clicking somewhere (I didn't test
the svn version to know exactly how this option is displayed) in the
pathbar, something like we get when we click on the drop down on
toolbar mode, right ?

Also, we already have the option (when displaying a side pane as a
shortcuts window) to "Send to  >> Side Pane (Create Shortcut)" on a
folder's context menu. I think it is a bit odd place to find this
option, but this is not the case, I'll be happy even if it's hidden
like that.

What I was wondering if we could have in future releases is:

The option to create a shortcut for a given folder, on it's context
menu, even when we are not displaying the Shortcuts Side pane. That
way we could combine that somekind-of-a-dropdown-shortcuts with this
"Add to shortcuts" context menu and have all the functionality of
shortcuts without actually losing the space a vertical side pane
takes.

I know it is probably a silly thing for most users, but it can please
us minimalist freaks. I could probably get back like 100 or more
pixels on every Thunar window on my desktop with it. :)

To sum it up, we could then have all the functionality of a complete
Shortcuts Side pane with context menu and drop down shortcut list.

I hope I clarified my point now.

Best regards,
Alexandre Moreira.