[Thunar-dev] Shortcuts window.

Alexandre Moreira alexandream at gmail.com
Thu Jan 18 18:30:26 CET 2007

This is more a "what do you think?" or a "should we be consistent with
them?" than a feature request. It is rather insignificant so, if you
don't have much time just ignore it.

I noticed that Thunar follows an approach much alike the
GtkFileChooser, its interface really resembles it when in the
shortcuts window.

There is one little "inconsistency" between "our" (as in Thunar's)
behavior and "theirs" (as in GtkFileChooser).

in GtkFileChoser, whenever you double click a shortcut, it opens the
file view to it. In thunar it acts on a single click.

I don't know if this difference was intended and I really don't care
about which one is best, since both work just the same to me. But I
just thought it was worth mentioning since perhaps it just skipped the
revisions of the devs and they think otherwise.

Now to a more "interesting" request. I think I read somewhere in this
list that the current SVN version has the ability to display user's
shortcuts on the top bar when on pathbar mode, and I think this is
great.

To go with such an option and make those freaking minimalists (like
me) happy I'd just ask that someone made it possible to simply right
click in a folder and "Add to shortcuts", that way I (and possibly
other weird minimalistic desktop freaks like me) could simply  disable
the side bar completely, and realy on these rather "hidden-but-useful"
actions.

What do you think ? It should not be hard to implement I guess

Best Regards,
Alexandre Moreira.