[Thunar-dev] Mounting fails due to no available org.freedesktop.Hal services

Jannis Pohlmann jannis at xfce.org
Fri Jan 12 23:17:20 CET 2007

On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 23:04:56 +0100, Jannis Pohlmann wrote:

> On Fri, 12 Jan 2007 18:42:10 +0100, Benedikt Meurer wrote:
>
> > Jannis Pohlmann wrote:
> > > Hey Benny,
> > >
> > > I just updated my exo and Thunar checkouts and installed them. But
> > > when I try to mount my USB disk, the following error message pops
> > > up:
> > >
> > >   "The name org.freedesktop.Hal was not provided by any .service
> > > files."
> > >
> > > I wouldn't wonder if my setup is b0rked to a certain degree, but I
> > > didn't touch any .service files. Any ideas what might be wrong?
> >
> > Do you have hald running? Because hald doesn't provide a .service
> > file indeed, it must be running.
>
> Yes:

But: Whenever I start thunar with a running hald (sorry, my last mail
contained a lot of hald-* processes, but not "hald" itself) and try to
mount one of the devices, I get this:

jannis at nebelsee ~ $ thunar
Thunar: Failed to connect to the D-BUS session bus: Failed to connect
to socket /tmp/dbus-TTavTtFLD4: Verbindungsaufbau abgelehnt

And after that, "hald" is not running anymore (but the helper apps are,
as listed my last mail). Weird, isn't it?

- Jannis