[Thunar-dev] dcraw thumbnailer

Timothy White xfce.users at weirdo.bur.st
Wed Jan 10 01:25:32 CET 2007

On 1/10/07, Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:
> Erlend Davidson wrote:
> >> thunar-thumbnailers could install a mime type for the .MRW files.
> >
> > OK, but how do we do that?  Add it to /etc/mime.types, some distibutions
> > install that file as a separate package?
>
> No, install new mime types into the shared mime database. See the
> shared-mime-info page on freedesktop.org for details. IIRC there was
> also an automake tutorial for this on live.gnome.org.

I still have no luck. NEF files are seen as TIFF's, and the default
thumbnailer manages to get the embedded thumbnails. MRW files are
simply unknown, or reported as a "mrw document".

The raw thumbnailers desktop entry contains the correct MIME types, we
just need it detecting the correct MIME types.

MimeType=image/x-canon-crw;image/x-fuji-raf;image/x-minolta-mrw;image/x-nikon-nef;image/x-kodak-dcr;image/x-kodak-kdc;image/x-olympus;

Tim
--
Linux Counter user #273956
Don't email joeblogs at scouts.org.au