[Thunar-dev] Use another mouse button for gestures

Erlend Davidson E.R.M.Davidson at sms.ed.ac.uk
Fri Jan 5 14:16:28 CET 2007

Mathias Brodala wrote:
> Hello everyone.
>
> Reading the thread „Thunar Improvement Idea“ I encountered a question I asked
> myself some time ago but didn’t ask here:
>
> Could it be possible to allow using gestures with another mouse button instead
> of the middle one? I’m used to use mouse gestures with the right mouse button
> from Opera.
>
> As long as the button is pushed, there won’t appear a menu anyway so it should
> not interfere with the normal function of the button.
I recently got a new computer mouse which has one of those 4-way mouse
wheels that go left-right (generally for scrolling horizontally) as well
as the usual up-down. A lot of linux programs already use the left-right
feature - in firefox it acts as back-forward, in eclipse it lets me
scroll left-right, in xfwm4 it lets me change workspace.

I'm wondering if thunar could use it for going back-forward like firefox?