[Thunar-dev] Bug in mouse gestures?

Gregory Bonik chaser at progtech.ru
Thu Jan 4 11:24:49 CET 2007

Hello,

I use Thunar from rc2.

I've accidentally found such a strange bug:

1) Push the middle button but don't release it, so a mouse gesture is
started. Icons become transparent.
2) Move the pointer to the position which doesn't correspond to any
gesture (i.e., no gesture icon is shown).
3) Push and release the right mouse button, so a context menu appears.
4) Move pointer out of the context menu and release the middle button.
Now the context menu disappears.
5) The middle button is not pushed now, but we are still in gesture
mode, icons are transparent. You can cancel it with the left mouse
button. But instead of it repeat steps 1-4. Icons become even more
transparent (double-transparency :-) ). Click the left mouse button. Now
we are in the gesture mode forever, the only way out I've found is to
restart Thunar. Also by repeating steps 1-4 again and again you can get
invisible icons :-)

Maybe just disable all other mouse buttons when the gesture is performed?

PS: about a month ago (9th December 2006) I've written the "Executing
applications" message about inappropriate behavior of Thunar. It seems
that it wasn't noticed by developers by I think it should be.

Thank you, Gregory Bonik.