[Thunar-dev] Use another mouse button for gestures

Mike Massonnet mike.massonnet at gmail.com
Wed Jan 3 17:43:33 CET 2007

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 02:11:33PM +0100, Mathias Brodala wrote:
> Hello Ori.
>
> Ori Bernstein, 03.01.2007 14:05:
> > On Wed, 03 Jan 2007 13:20:19 +0100, Mathias Brodala <info at noctus.net> said:
> >
> >> As long as the button is pushed, there won’t appear a menu anyway so it should
> >> not interfere with the normal function of the button.
> >
> > Did you ever check that assumption?
>
> Whoops, you’re right. In Thunar the menu appears even when holding the button.
>
> >> Could this be implemented (as option of course)? Or how could I patch my Thunar
> >> so that it works at least for me?
> >
> > It could be. RTFS (Read the Fine Source).
>
> The fact above complicates my intention. Now the context menu must be hold back
> until the button is released.
>
> I can’t modify the source on myself (yet) so I just wanted to know if this could
> be added as feature.

How about asking Opera to use the middle button?  :)

There is an extension for Firefox where you can use the button you want.
http://optimoz.mozdev.org/gestures/

IMHO the middle button _is_ the best choice.  With the synaptic driver
you can touch the touchpad with two fingers then one and move.  This is
really neat ^_^

> Regards, Mathias

Regards,
Mike
--
 http://massonnet.org/ Mike (m8t) Massonnet     __oo
 GnuPG 0--" 0xF8C80F97                      ---(_)_">