[Thunar-dev] Thunar Improvement Idea

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Wed Jan 3 13:19:17 CET 2007

Jelle de Jong wrote:
>>> and what does IIRC means? Why does it looks awkard the screenshot
>>> doesn't look bad. Nautilus also have these functions btw.
>> Yes and Nautilus is a mess, hence we conclude...
>>
>> Anyway, since we're trying to release it's not the time to mess with the
>> basics, no matter if it's bad or not that bad at all.
> Found the problem with the mouse gestures, when you are in view mode:
> "View as Detailed list" then the mouse gestures don't work. Can this be
> fixed?
>
> So to add a few buttons in the path bar view will look bad, so you don't
> want to do this? But in tool bar mode it doesn't look bad?
>
> Maybe at a extra view mode like a mixed mode with the suggested changes
> so user can make there own choice.

For now, we'll focus on release, no messing with the basic GUI. It was
discussed long ago and this is what 1.0.0 will look like. You can
however adjust Thunar to your needs as you like. If you check the source
(or the revision from the bugreport) you'll see it's easy to use the
path with the toolbar.