[Thunar-dev] Eject Failure

Cory Christison cory.christison at gmail.com
Tue Jan 2 23:50:52 CET 2007

Hey,

    When ever I go to eject a CD/DVD from my drive, via the desktop
icon, or in Thunar I get the message:
/        ** (gnome-eject:11361): WARNING **: Eject failed for
        /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/volume_label_CAMP:
        org.freedesktop.Hal.Device.Volume.UnknownFailure:
        Unknown failure.
/
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am using Gentoo Linux, if
that is of any help.

    Also, I get the a similar problem and error when I try to mount my
USB thumb drive. Could these problems be permissions related? I can
mount/unmount fine when using root.

Thanks.
    Cory Christison