[Thunar-dev] Thumbnails for HTML documents

Erlend Davidson E.R.M.Davidson at sms.ed.ac.uk
Mon Jan 1 18:57:57 CET 2007

On 31 Dec 2006, at 14:11, Benedikt Meurer wrote:

> Erlend Davidson wrote:
>> Here's one for xmgrace .agr files (which generally contain a graph).
>> There is one problem however - .agr files have a mime-type of text/
>> plain
>> so thunar won't know how to distinguish them from any other text
>> files.
>
> Install a mime type for the .agr files.

Something else occurred to me when writing this thumbnailer... agr
files can often be very very large (>500MB) and so take a long time
to thumbnail.  This could also be a slight problem on slower machines
with large pixmap/bitmap images.  Is there a 'cutout' filesize, above
which thunar will not apply the thumbnailer to the file (because it
would take too long)?  It should probably be a customisable parameter
to cater for different speeds of machines, and perhaps also
adjustable from within the .desktop file for each individual
thumbnailer (some are more cpu aggressive than others)?