[Thunar-dev] Some ideas :)

David Keogh davekeogh at shaw.ca
Mon Feb 5 18:51:27 CET 2007

On 2/5/07, Evgeni Golov <sargentd at die-welt.net> wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 16:51:31 +0100 François K. wrote:
>
> > And you can click on "home","user","projects" and "thunar". Clicking
> > on it will drop you in the directory, just like the "button system".
>
> Did you actually try it? Looks like it is already there:
> http://files.die-welt.net/bilders/thunar.png
> I can click all those buttons there ;-)
> You can change the behavior under View -> Location Selector -> Pathbar
> Style.
>
> Regards
> Evgeni

I think you misunderstood what he was describing. The location bar in Vista
basically acts like both of Thunar's location selecters at once. If you
click on one of the labels, it acts as a button; or if you click in empty
space it acts as a field. Here's a screenshot that kind of demonstrates it:
http://www.dx21.com/HOME/ARTICLES/P2P/WinV_IMAGES/Exp_AddressBar.PNG

I personally think that this behaviour is kind of cool, but would be
satisfied if Thunar copied Nautilus's behaviour. Nautilus replaces the
buttons with a field when you press ctrl + l and then shows the button again
when you return.

David