[Thunar-dev] backup files

Rodrigo Coacci rcoacci at gmail.com
Tue Dec 4 18:35:15 CET 2007

On Dec 4, 2007 2:15 PM, Erlend Davidson <E.R.M.Davidson at sms.ed.ac.uk> wrote:

> Pablo Hdez-M. Saiz wrote:
> > no one knows ? :(
> >
> > On Nov 8, 2007 12:20 AM, Pablo Hdez-M. Saiz <homeless3d at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> Hi.
> >>
> >> How can I see the backup files (files that end with "~") but not the
> >> hidden ones ?
> >> Does anyone knows what source file and where I need to edit ?
> >>
> >> thanks in advance.
> >>
> To the best of my knowledge this is not currently possible, apart from
> the select files by pattern trick someone sent.
>
> There was talk on here a while ago about being able to filter by
> filename.  So instead of the default gtk search box behaviour when you
> type, which searches from the beginning of the filename you could enter
> "*~" to filter only files ending in ~.
>

> I think (but I do not know this) that Benny and co are waiting for gvfs
> to come out before doing searching features.

Don't know but when gvfs/gio come out it'll be in next gtk, so as xfce
doesn't keep up with bleeding edge gtk for older machines/distros etc, I
don't think we'll get gio/gvfs in Thunar very soon. Yet I hope i'm wrong
:-P.

Off-Topic: BTW GIO/Gvfs is awesome :-P

--
Cheers,
     Rodrigo

A computer is like air conditioning: it becomes useless when you open
windows.
                  ~Linus Torvalds