[Thunar-dev] thunar custom actions menu grouping

Erlend Davidson E.R.M.Davidson at sms.ed.ac.uk
Wed Aug 22 22:35:03 CEST 2007

Aurélio A. Heckert wrote:
> On 8/22/07, Erlend Davidson <E.R.M.Davidson at sms.ed.ac.uk> wrote:
>
>>> (...)
>>> I have sent this mail some time ago, but nobody replied on the mail. How
>>> should I deal with this? Does nobody want sub-menus in the thunar file
>>> manager?
>>>
>> Well I think Aurelio's SVN plugin also needs it.  I think it is a good
>> idea, I wonder if it is possible with proper extensions (as opposed to
>> UCA's)?  The trouble with putting it in UCA is that it will complicate
>> things quite a lot: also on the user-interface side.
>>

> Thanks Erlend, we realy need. :-)
>
> But i think UCA can create sub-menus without problem. The user
> interface can be simplified, i think. The current inkscape efects
> menu generation is a good example about that.

Sorry what I wrote at the end didn't really make sense... it will
simpify the user-interface from the perspective of someone using the
UCAs but configuring them would be more complicated: look at Edit ->
Custom Action... you're going to need some sort of treeview in there
with the user able to add and remove branches, and then add actions
under each branch.  Maybe I'm just worrying too much: I guess mozilla
firefox already does this with its bookmarks manager.

Erlend