[Thunar-dev] Thunar vfs plugin

Ori Bernstein rand_chars at rogers.com
Sun Apr 8 07:33:42 CEST 2007

On Sat, 07 Apr 2007 22:54:14 -0600, Carlos Ortiz <chrono.dark at gmail.com> said:

> Hi I'll try to keep it simple ;) is possible to make a thunar-vfs
> plugging (any doc )

As I understand it (and from a quick grep of the code), it's not possible.

~/coding/xfce/thunar/thunar-vfs$ grep plugin *.c
~/coding/xfce/thunar/thunar-vfs$

> since I only have see the doc for a thunarx plugin
> (smb is kind of vfs and there is no provider that fit my idea).... the
> idea is to make thunar a samba client also, so you can write
> smb://pathtosambaserv/.... (etc) and access the files of the given
> server (like nautilus) or internal MS file manager aka explorer.exe (my
> network thing... ;) ) sorry about my English not a native speaker

As I recall, Thunar ended up agreeing that putting this sort of thing
in Fuse is the way to go. I can't recall, but I think Benny may have
something in the works for 1.0.

--
Saints should always be judged guilty until they are proved innocent.
		-- George Orwell, "Reflections on Gandhi"