[Thunar-dev] thunar-volman and extra mount options

Alex V. Myltsev avm at altlinux.org
Tue Apr 3 21:55:28 CEST 2007

On 2007-04-03 can3p wrote:
> I've installed thunar-volman, and it does its work, but it mounts
> without some options (utf8 in my case). As I've figured out, volman
> uses exo-mount to mount devices. Is there a way to pass any
> additional mount options to it?
No, exo-mount has its own predefined set of mount options inside.
(Unlike pmount-hal, which first asks HAL for the correct options.)

Here's a patch for exo-mount to mount vfat volumes with -o utf8:
http://tinyurl.com/2axbb2
Of course, exo-mount still lacks a way to specify the correct iocharset
on the command line. Maybe we should port this bit from pmount?

--
Best regards,
Alex V. Myltsev.