[Thunar-dev] samba

Gregoire Gentil gregoire at gentil.com
Sun Sep 17 04:47:18 CEST 2006

Meanwhile agreeing or disagreeing if Thunar should natively support smb
protocl, it could be a good idea to find a good GUI that can ease the
process of finding, mounting and umounting samba shares if you don't
want to do it by command line.

So, it's what I was looking for and by browsing
http://www.samba.org/samba/GUI/, I found two interesting applications:
LinNeighborhood (http://www.bnro.de/~schmidjo/index.html) and Gnomba
(http://gnomba.sourceforge.net/). I installed the first one but it was
not able to detect all my shares. On the other side, Gnomba did a good
job and the UI is not so bad though there is one major drawback: the
application is so old that it uses GTk+ 1.2!

Has Anybody found a better GUI based on GTK+ 2.x to detect and mount
samba shares?

Gregoire