[Thunar-dev] samba

Kresimir Spes kreso at cateia.com
Fri Sep 15 18:39:21 CEST 2006

> Bob Snyder wrote:
>

>> Auke Kok wrote:
>>

>>> Why do people think that implementing a specific way to do X (in this case,
>>> mount a samba share or browse it, which is basically the same) should beling in
>>> a filemanager?
>>>

>> Because xffm/xfsamba did it?
>>

>> Bob S.

In my opinion, it's much better to use fusesmb or smbmount because then
you can see your shares in every unix app, and you can benefit from
caching etc.
I wasn't aware of fusesmb so that's why I asked for this feature, but
since I found fusesmb, I withdraw my request :) what's the real
diffenrence in going to "smb://share" or going to ~/smb/share?

Kresimir